Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Reader Questions - Can I own a Muslim?

As a Christian country it is worth remembering that Leviticus 25:44 states that we may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations.

Many readers have asked, "Does this apply to Muslim illegal boat people queue jumpers if their country of origin is not a neighbouring nation? Can you clarify?"

While most of my readers will find nothing unusual in this question, for me it raises the broader question of whether physical proximity is really the best measure of a neighbour. For example, can we really be neighbours to Asians? I'm sure my readers will understand what I mean. 

So in this case there is no requirement that the Muslim comes from a physically close country like Indonesia.



Next week on Reader Questions;

Reader Rightwingnut asks me, "Why don't the laws of physics apply to the principles of planetary climate?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment